Automatic transmission fluid lubricates, cools and cleans internal components of the transmission. It also helps to maintain the hydraulic pressure necessary for the transmission to function. The additives in the transmission fluid can be depleted over time.
call now to schedule 206.522.5503
- Transmission gears deliver power from the engine to the drive wheels, shifting automatically to provide the best power and efficiency for your driving speed. A special transmission fluid cools and lubricates the gears.
manual transmission fluid & filter
- Manual transmission fluid provides lubrication to gears, bearings, shafts, and other internal components. Heat, pressure and friction can slowly breakdown the additives in the manual transmission fluid. In addition, small particles of metal may come off the gears as they wear and these metal particles can mix with the fluid. Fluids can also become contaminated with water.
when to replace
- When you notice clutch "slippage," it is usually because the clutch disc is worn. Other mechanical problems with the clutch can be caused by a failure of the release bearing.
is a major mechanical component that combines the functionality of the transmission, the differential, and associated components of the driven axle into one integrated assembly.
Transaxles are near universal in all automobile configurations that have the engine placed at the same end of the car as the driven wheels:
- The clutch assembly consists of the clutch arm or actuator, the clutch disc and the release bearing
fly wheel replacement
- The flywheel is the interface between the clutch mechanism and the transmission.
auto transmission fluid & filter
- Replacing the transmission filter is something that must be done but is all too often forgotten. A dirty or clogged transmission filter will cause a transmission to go bad.
14101 Aurora Ave N. Building B
Seattle, WA 98133